Easy-to-use, cell-based models of the human gut. High throughput in vitro intestinal epithelial cell culture systems delivering human-relevant pharmacological insights in a dish.
RepliGut® Systems are a series of human primary intestinal epithelial cell model systems that recreate the gastrointestinal cell barrier. Representing multiple regions of the gut, these models deliver results that mimic in vivo response across a range of pharmacological applications including inflammation, toxicity, bioavailability, and barrier function.
The RepliGut® Difference
RepliGut® Models are available through services or kits
How we do it
Establishment of RepliGut® Planar Models
Human intestinal cell barrier model is organized as a single polarized layer of differentiated epithelial cells with tight junctions.
1. We source human intestinal epithelial stem cells from donor tissue while upholding ethical standards.
2. By expanding these stem cells, we can create a cryopreserved biobank that allows for multiple studies using the same donor.
3. Our biobanked cells are carefully thawed and then directly seeded onto a semi-permeable membrane coated with a biomimetic scaffold.
Replicating Barrier Biology
RepliGut® Planar models are polarized intestinal epithelial cell monolayers that express tight junction proteins. All major cell lineages in physiologic ratios can be achieved.
- Work with the same donor for years
- Different demographic backgrounds to further enhance study data
- Multiple regions available from small intestine and colon
- Ethics Committee approved organ procurement
Two ways to use RepliGut Planar
Enlist Altis scientists to run your projects, or buy kits to set up RepliGut Planar model in your lab
Multiple Donor Biobank
Our biobank consists of multiple intestinal regions from multiple donors, allowing researchers to study colon or small intestine-specific biology in demographically diverse backgrounds (e.g. age, sex, blood type). Our cryopreserved biobank enables the ability to work with the same donor as your project progresses
Ready to go with your gut?
Get in touch with us
Have a question?
Want to learn more about RepliGut® Systems? Send us a Message